Friday, October 11, 2013

Das Leben ist Schön

My motto for this week has been: Das Leben ist schön (Life is good). And it really is! This last weekend was Kirmes in Bebra. I got to go on Friday to the Disko with my friends, and then on Sunday I went for a little while with my host family. Saturday we had 2 family birthday parties to attend (during which I consumed 6 pieces of cake.. oops..). The second party ended in fireworks, which ended up falling over and shooting at us and the house. No one got hurt and nothing was damaged thankfully! Monday and Tuesday were pretty uneventful. Wednesday one of my teachers wasn’t there, so instead of the 4 hours of class we would have had with her, we did some bookwork together in 1 and then went home. Then I helped my host mom with her children’s gymnastics class (I can now semi understand/communicate with some of the kids!) and then my Betreuer came to visit. Thursday another one of my teachers was sick, but we sadly didn’t get to go home early. Most of the kids spent their time studying for the English test we had next, but I didn’t really need to do that so it was just a free block for me (I spent it napping). Then Thursday night I went to youth group again, where we built a huge spiderweb all across the room and it was pretty awesome, but inconvenient when you needed to move around. Today was a half day, so I only had 2 ½ hours of school and now it's fall break!!! We have two weeks off from school and my host family leaves Monday for Berlin! I can’t wait to tell you all about it! 

Our spiderweb!

No comments:

Post a Comment