Saturday, August 31, 2013

A New Home

Today I met the people that I will be living with for the next ten months. It's a weird feeling. I barely know them at all, but they will be my support and family during this year. It's only been a day, but they have been absolutely amazing. I love the room they've prepared for me and they have such a beautiful house. I'm incredibly lucky to have been given such a wonderful family. The little girl, Rahel, is adorable, though she makes me miss my sister more than ever.

They don't speak much English with me though, and everything is in German. It's difficult for me, and a bit awkward, but so far so good. I can understand much more than I can say. And things will get better and easier with time. 

I get to meet some other family members tonight, and then tomorrow we're going to church and then Monday I start school. It's a lot to take in in such a short amount of time. My body and mind are exhausted. I'll be sleeping well tonight! And probably every night for the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment