Saturday, November 2, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things

After two weeks of vacation it was certainly difficult to get out of bed at 5:30 Monday morning. But I did it and, as saddening as it was to have to go back to school, it was really great to see all of my friends again. I'm back into my old routine again.
This week my math teacher was on a field trip so school started 2 hours later on both Wednesday (11:00) and Friday (9:15). But it doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, I'm still always exhausted.
For the past few weeks my family has been renovating the front yard. We bought a new garage, tore out the old driveway, picked out trees, and they are currently laying the stones for our new driveway. It looks so pretty and I'm really excited to see the finished product! I'll add pictures when it's done.
This Thursday was Halloween and it was pretty disappointing how little was going on. Halloween still isn't very big here, and the few things there are to do are mostly for little kids. I did go to a halloween party with my host sister, but that was it. Almost no one mentioned it in school and there certainly wasn't anyone in costume. It was still a good day though.
It finally November and I'm officially 25% of the way through my exchange year. It's very bittersweet. I'm really excited to get to go back and get to see all of my friends and family again, but I want this year to last forever. I just have to keep reminding myself that's it's very possibly I won't get the chance to live in Germany again, but I'll definitely get to see my friends and family again, so I just have to make the most of this opportunity while I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment