Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Heltons Take on Germany! Day 2

Today was Sunday and I was really looking forward to getting to show my parents what my german church was like, but unfortunately our preacher wasn't preaching today and the service was later in the day, so we weren't able to go. Instead we went to visit the Wartburg, which is where Martin Luther went to translate the Bible. Castles are great and all, but you always have to hike a mountain to see them. Afterwards my parents enjoyed some real german bratwursts. We then went to my host grandmother's house for cake (yay!) and coffee. She made tradition black forest cake and my favorite cake, which is banana and chocolate. We all got to hang out together and even though my parents had just met everyone, it felt like family. We ordered italian for dinner and it was just a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment