Monday, March 24, 2014

The Heltons Take on Germany! Day 3

Today was a Monday and I had to go to school. My parents are in Germany for one week, and I still had to go to school. It was one of the more difficult things I've had to do. But at least this week at school wasn't too bad. Today our class was chosen to help with a bone marrow bank thing. People were able to volunteer to register as donors of bone marrow to help patients with Leukemia (blood cancer). Our job was to swab the volunteer's mouths and collect their information. It was a bit monotone, but it was way better than actual class and it felt good to help out. Plus SO many people agreed to be donors, way more than I'd expected, which was really cool. I was not able to sign up as a donor because the organization works in Germany and I'll be gone in a couple of months, but it's definitely something I will consider doing when I get back to America. My parents picked me up after school and we drove to Kassel. We walked around a little bit and looked at some of the big churches, Hercules (a statue), and a fort that was close by. My parents had their first experience with Turkish food (Döners!) and then it was already time to head back home. Time goes by way too quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment